1979 Rossin Record

HerrJ

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I've picked up this Rossin yesterday. The bike has probably been repainted back in the days and the chrome is a littlebit rough so i am going to fully restore it. Pat number of the rear mech is 1979 so i am assuming its a 1979 bike. Probably will go with a full Super record group.

Some pictures:

Decan":1d79q6r1 said:
V nice bike.
I'd be amazed if it were 1979 though. Fork crown doesn't look 70s to me.

Well probably it is mid 80's. But i was to lazy to do some research so i've just looked at the pat. numbers.

Add the Brazed on front derailleur hanger, top tube housing guides, and recessed brake calliper bolts to that observation. It's a lot newer than 1979.
Without looking up old catalogues I'd say that it's late 80s or even newer. Definitely a lot newer than 1979.

Decan":kj0loc6d said:
Add the Brazed on front derailleur hanger, top tube housing guides, and recessed brake calliper bolts to that observation. It's a lot newer than 1979.
Without looking up old catalogues I'd say that it's late 80s or even newer. Definitely a lot newer than 1979.

Yeah you're right. I would guess around 1986, but you never can be completely sure..

Newer that 1986 for sure. Due to braze on front mech and gear lever bosses and others I'd say late 80s.

What width is the rear wheel axle?

Portacatena drilled rear dropout hit the catalogue 1977 ish and dropped off the radar mid 80's as stocks ran out. Late mid 80''s would be my guess.

Shaun

Back