Raleigh Royal

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
I saw this on Shpock the other day and collected today - i'm pleasantly surprised!

The original picture didn't do it justice and the seller didn't know anything about bikes which was good for me!

I've been looking for a 'winter' commuter as I can't see another winter with my shiny components getting neglected so this is ideal!

531 frame and forks, 27" wheels, Sachs Huret front and rear mechs, SR Sakae crank and bars, fluted seatpost, Weinmann rims, Maillard hubs, Raleigh Weinmann brakes.

First job was to remove the rack and rear mudguard (I will more than likely fit a pair of matching mudguards at a later date) and fit spare Brooks saddle. I also removed the safety brake levers.

Here's how I got her:

Here's how she looks now:

I will order and fit new tape and brake cables in due course, will also look into some better brake levers. I have a brand new rear wheel and a 17T sprocket so naturally i'm thinking of converting to single speed for weight saving & low maintenance throughout winter. Hmmm.

I'm really like it mate and she seems to be in fair condition so looks like you've come up trumps with that find :cool: ..

cleaned it up nicely, and lovely frame! The whole set up was very nice!
But a Fixie? noooo

Back