Brian Rourke build

JSH

rBotM Winner
So... I bought a BR of the bay and it had a few problems like seized QR/bent rear axle and headset was a bit rough (amongst others) but as it was built with Campag SR and was in a human size, I took a punt on it.

I decided to strip it down and send the frame back to Jason Rourke for a renovation and Its back today after 8 weeks and ready for building. I've gone for Banesto blue with Old English White panels. I'm locking myself in the shed tomorrow :D

Attachments

• BR.JPG
    BR.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 992
  • BR2.JPG
    BR2.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 992
  • BR1.JPG
    BR1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 992
This was how I bought it. I remember getting flamed on here for sending it for renovation but I wanted a keeper. Rourkes have good build records and this was built in 1986.

Attachments

• br2old.JPG
    br2old.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 985
  • BR1old.jpg
    BR1old.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 985
Picked up some repro gum hoods and white leather bar tape as the old stuff had seen better days.. The Cinelli bars (Giro D'Italia I think) are in good nick. The Cinelli 1A stem has suffered a bit in the forks and is a bit pitted but that's where you cant see it so those are all going back on. I've also sourced NOS Campag bearings for the headset and bottom bracket. Everything else has had a good clean whilst the frame was away and pretty much will be bolted straight back on

I rode it on the Eroica Britannia this year before I did anything to it but the it was in pretty poor mechanical condition but should all be A1 when built up

Attachments

• Bars1.JPG
    Bars1.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 979
  • Bars2.JPG
    Bars2.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 979
Re:

Oh , that looks sweet! :cool:

You must be very pleased with the result! Good choice of color, kind of Belgian national squad colours, Looking forward to updates!

Mike

Re:

It's the colour that Big Mig Indurain used to race for the Banesto team. I think they morphed into Movistar

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 937
Re:

The original order form and frameset pricelist came with the bike. I suppose it was a lot of money in the 80's

Attachments

• detail1.jpg
    detail1.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 883
Re:

Thanks. She's going together nicely and it's a lot simpler without aero cables and 11 speed indexing. The only thing I'm missing is a peanut butter wrench for the crank bolts. It's either a trip to the LBS or bite the bullet and buy one off eBay.

Re:

Cheers Shaun, I'll take a look

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 843
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 843
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 843