Raleigh 80's team bike hits the road again

speedthing

Old School Hero
After 30 years my old Raleigh team rep makes it back onto the road. Ive updated it a bit new wheels pedals cables its running 14 speed i had to cold set the rear forks to take 130mm wheel. Im not 100% happy with the rear wheel as its not quick release but will do till i find something better.

Cheers Alun

Attachments

• IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 562
Hi Alun
That looks really smart and ready for a good few more years of service :)
Why has it been off the road for so long?

Jamie

Why thank you kind sir

Well i got it when i was 13 and rode it to and from school and to my first job got a moped then a car it got left in the garage. I then only used it on and off just to get to the shops and some times to ride around at the weekend then the mountain bike thing happened so got one of them, Got married bought a house moved a few times it then just hung in the garage. got divorced moved got married again got given an old Carrera road bike in Reynolds 501 tubing which ive pulled some of the parts off to put this back on the road. That bike I'm sorting at the mo having it media blasted and I'm going to turn it into a single speed as i need to loose a bit of weight and get a bit fitter LOL.

I know its only a gas pipe job but it rides really nicely its just as nice to ride as my Raleigh 531 8806 track bike.

Back