1980 Gios Super Record

JSH

rBotM Winner
Hi All
This is my first vintage steed. I did a deal with a guy on the bay of Es so I could ride the Erioca Britannia. Built up with NOS Campag SR, Mavic 501 hubs on GL330 rims. Dugast 22mm tubs. Sometimes I just sit and gaze at it :D

Attachments

• IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Re:

I'm already on to number 2 - a 1986 Brian Rourke that needs a bit of work. I bought it unseen with full Campag again. It turned up with a seized and bent rear axle and a knackered Super Record headset. It was a pearescent blue but the paint was past it although the chrome is still good. The frame is with Jason Rourke to be repainted in Banesto blue with white panels and world champ bands. I've been carefully cleaning and regreasing everything ready for when it comes back and have bought NOS bearings for the headset and BB (races look ok). I'm playing around with some new leather bar tape (Selle Italia) and I've ordered some new repro gum coloured brake hoods. Should make a great pub bike. Ill upload some pics when it comes back

Re:

If you want a pub bike, why not pick up something ratty, not use something hand made by a craftsman, that's like using a Ferrari to go to the paper shop. :facepalm:

Re:

A Rourke pub bike? :? With a new re-finish

Do you live in Kensington?

Mike

I wouldn't get too hung up about the pub bit - I rode to the pub on a £4K Carbon tonight! I usually do a 20-30 mile circuitous route to the pub. AT least it will get a regular outing..

Re:

A Couple od before shots of the Rourkie

Attachments

• br1.JPG
    br1.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 880
  • br2.JPG
    br2.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 880
Re:

Oh that's gross! How can you possibly ride it in THAT condition !

Far too grim to ride as is :facepalm: Where do you drink, again?

Back