Gemini club 600 ultegra

Marbo

Devout Dirtbag
My name is mark and I'm a bikeaholic.

Just picked up my third bike, and was wondering if anyone has any info on it. It's a Gemini club 600

All I know is that it is Australian and I'm guessing late 80's early 90's

Also think I got a bit of a bargain. 531c frame and forks with full 600 ultegra groupset and Ukai rims. The frame has a few scuffs and scratches but nothing to worry about

More photos to follow

Attachments

• gemini.jpg
    gemini.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 899
found out a little more about it. It was built between 90 and 92 and the frame was made by apro. Someone must have really liked it as they were only sold in Australia.

Re:

Made by Apro? :D (that's hungarian for tiny-little, and also, "classified", see: bikemag apro)

Very nice and clean look IMHO. Do I see it correctly that the rear caliper is single pivot, whereas the front is dual pivot? :)

If I were you, I'd just swap the seatpost to some non-fluted one, the saddle to a Flite Titanium, would change the outer cables to black&re-tape the handlebar in honey. And would ride the hell out of it.:)

The brakes are both single pivot.

It needs some work doing. I have Selle Italia seat and non fluted post to put on. Many of the nuts, bolts and screws need replacing due to corrosion and I would eventually like to get the frame resprayed, if I can get some decals made. I think when I do get it painted I will take the orange right to the back and get rid of the black.

The outer cables are mis-matched, I was thinking Lime green or orange to match the frame and same for handlebar tape.

Unfortunately the frame is a touch to big for me. The seat needs to be low, and I have replaced the head stem with a shorter reach. So it's quite lucky that I prefer the seat and bars at the same height.

When you want new decals, go to Del at DelcalSigns. Just peal the old ones off, stick to paper and he'll do the rest.

Re:

for the decals, consider bringadekor also!

https://www.facebook.com/dekor.bringa

don't worry, they speak English, generally do a complete set of decals for 10gbp here, they only need picture of the complete bike.. they'll do the rest.

posting to the uk is not that much for these little papersheets, so, I guess you'll be around 16 bucks for a set of decals :) :xmas-cool:

Back