Elswick Lincoln Imp

Rustyretro

Dirt Disciple
Here's my Lincoln Imp, restored from a wreck. It was originally black, but has been repainted in metallic copper. I had to put new wheels and pedals on it as the old ones were beyond recovery. Quite pleased with the result and it rides really well.

Attachments

• IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_3295.JPG
    IMG_3295.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 860
Cool. I've seen an imp in real life once. It was the most gorgeous colour I'd ever seen on a bicycle; kind of a burgundy main frame with what I can only desribe as 'duck egg' or pale green-ish-blue headtube, seat tube bands and mudguards. Or maybe it was a type of celeste? It was finished with gold decals. I've had my eyes peeled for ones that come on the evilbay since. I guess finding replica decals for an old Elswick is gonna be like looking for hens teeth?

otherself":sz5xolwe said:
Cool. I've seen an imp in real life once. It was the most gorgeous colour I'd ever seen on a bicycle; kind of a burgundy main frame with what I can only desribe as 'duck egg' or pale green-ish-blue headtube, seat tube bands and mudguards. Or maybe it was a type of celeste? It was finished with gold decals. I've had my eyes peeled for ones that come on the evilbay since. I guess finding replica decals for an old Elswick is gonna be like looking for hens teeth?

I got the decals from H Lloyd - he has quite a few Elswick and Hopper decals. You can't see them very well in the photo but the little imp is on the forks and down tube along with the Elswick crest on the seat tube and rear mudguard.

Latest posts

Back