1986 Raleigh Cadet (Panasonic colours)

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
While I've been building my own Raleigh Panasonic I also did a refurb job on a friend cadet to get it Erioca ready

The bike was in ok condition to start with, so I striped it down to a frame, touched it up with correct colours so Ral5005 and the white and then polished every part as best I could.

New parts are:
Full Set of decals (I have a spare set that will be for sale)
New hoods
New Tyres
New inner cables
New Bar tape
New Chain
Period Cateye computer & Water bottle

Every thing else is original to the bike. I didn't get any before pics but here are the finished ones. Just waiting for the nos pedals to arrive.

Hope you like, we are rather pleased with how it turned out.

Re:

I seldom venture into this parts (Road)

and seeing your title I had to have a look, and my god am I glad I did :D

you've instantly transported me back to being 16 again and lusting after one in my LBS
doing two paper rounds only got me on a Raleigh Winner, and by the time I was 16 I was saving
for a 50cc motorbike :shock: so I never owned one

Nice trip down memory lane.... perhaps I should visit these parts more often

Thanks Retro, these bikes are certainly trips down memory lane alright. You should visit more often :)

Spare decal set is now for sale in the for sale section, just asking for what they owe me.

thanks MrW and Midlife, really happy with how it came out. I was surprised how clean the original bits came out.

Maca":3n9q8h0e said:
thanks MrW and Midlife, really happy with how it came out. I was surprised how clean the original bits came out.

Built to last in the 80's, that's the key, and probably Raleigh's biggest downfall....

Not sure how many bikes of today will be around in 29 years..

Another stunner and thanks for the colour code, about to do a resto on my lads team burner and that will save me weeks of colour matching!
look forward to seeing this at Eroica Brittania.

Thanks Kam,

Which burner is it your doing for your lad ? Is it the Andy Ruffell one (had his name on front forks), or the Team aero pro one (had white skyways and 3 holes cut in the rear drop outs) or the one with twin bar handle bars ?

I've done a few of these to and still have one for me and a mini for the daughter, you prob won't find any one that has the blue on the shelf so you prob have to have it made up as I did.

What are you doing for decals or does it not need them ?

Maca":34ardnto said:
Full Set of decals (I have a spare set that will be for sale)

Hi! Good work ! Your bikes are great! Recently I bought a same . My first road bike ! I too want to restore ! Could you help me with the decals ? Make please a photo of decals so that I could render them in a vector and order decals for my Raleigh Team Cadet 10, if possible! Send me a mail photos , please ! yugardp@gmail.com
Thank you very much!

I am sorry for my English ) translated by Google

Back