Columbus SLX with Super Record

Doolittle

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I came across this site while trying to find some info on a frame I have and thought others might like to take a look. It is a Rossin Columbus SLX frame from around 1986 I think and would originally have been built up with C Record. Personally I always preferred Super Record so stuck with it. The hubs, bottom bracket and headset are C Record. Cinelli Stem and bars. Pretty much everything else is Super Record. An exception is the Record pantographed seatpost (just because I liked it). The rims are Campag Omega. A couple of anomalies are the Super Record track pedals (these were preferred by some pro's at the time) and the Simplex levers (for the same reason). The tyres are just there to get it on the road and not contemporary. The block is Regina as was fitted on the original versions as was the Rolls saddle. Probably going to be parting with this soon as haven't ridden it in four years but just couldn't bring myself to sell it but I have decided now it will have to go, not sure whether to put it on Ebay as a whole or break it down.

Some pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/132515970 ... 2556300470

Cheers

Wow love the lugs and the paint is something else, some nice components on there as well.

Back