Could this be...?

Ghs4th1987

Old School Hero
Well after getting this home I noticed some nice features. Please ignore terrible paint and Peugeot decals.
I looked at the Pro team Motobecane la Redoute team frames and this looks similar.

We have simplex braze ons for the gear levers, Huret drop outs, a number plate boss, Cinelli France bottom bracket shell. Bottle cage mounts in the same style as Mercier.

So what can this be?

I want to put in in the correct colours with the correct decals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,760
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,760
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,760
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,759
Now what are those rabbits up to as that's more interesting..................

Haa thats almost the case. Sorry about the distractions!

In future I will white sheet an area before taking photos.

The rabbits are for dinner next week and the skins make comfy short inserts.

Now then this frame identification. I believe it to be a pro team bike as its got some features similar to the Paul Sherwin Motobecane , certainly not the paint tho.
I dunno.

The gear cable stop on the R/H chainstay brazed on right up against the rear fork end is a bit of a Motobecane
trade mark in the 80's , you could be onto something......

Gitane Super Corsa team frames had the cable stop for the rear mech in that place near the rear mech too IIRC..

Shaun

Having looked at another Motobecane I have, I am positive thats what this is, but this is something special. Has anyone got photos of a 1980 team frame please?

Ok after some almost forensic investigation, I am convinced that this is an ex Motobecane La Redoute frame from 1979. Threads are french, the lugs match a C5 that I had as did the dropouts. The bottom bracket shell being Cinelli with French threads and the Huret drop outs and braze ons all made it look totally Motobecane. So I found some pics and have had it painted in a close match to the colour that was used then.
So I found a photo of the team and there were 4 Christians (name) in the team and I believe it was one of these that raced it. I now need to get decals for it. The pic of it on the bed is how it looks now. It was very sound with no corrosion thankfully. Once the decals have been put on I will build it up with campag record. I am building a rival Gitane of 1980 which will look very Hinault when finished, cant wait!
Thanks for comments. I may be wrong but I am positive this is what I think it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,172
Back