My love, my luck, my Cannondale, Miyata and Colnagos

mapei

Dirt Disciple
I have had so much luck getting these bikes, and a great responsiblity to keep them in original and good shape, but still in use :).

4 bikes all of them bought in Norway, and originally sold in Norway. 3 almost unchanged since new.

1987 Miyata, Team Miyata - a true Japanese. Miyata Spline frame, Dura Ace 7400 all over, except for the Cinelli quill stem and handlebar + Concord saddle. Wolber rims DA hubs, it has taken some beating, but is still in good shape. Thes SIS shifter is just amazing!!!

1990 Miyata Century carbontec - the ultimate bling bike, full Japanese, mavic cxp33, newer seat, originally it came with a brooks seat! Very Alan early Colnago carbitube style, but with thin alu tubes covered with carbon fiber, alu gold plated lugs. I can not believe a got the opportunity to buy one.

1996 Colnago, Master Olympic. DA7410 mostly, Mavic Mach 2 CD2 rims on DA-hubs. Pimped with white rim tape, regal saddle and colnago pantographed seat post by selcof. Decor paint job. A great beauty and ride, my first choice. Its been used in races (Trondheim-Oslo 14hrs!!) by the recent owner, and i got it with extra tempo/tri wheels Mavic Cosmic pro (2.2kg).

1997 Cannondale, Saeco, Caad3, my 3 saeco Caad 3, i love them. I bought this because of the wheels, spinergy lots of fun, shimano 105 and 600 rear derailleur. Looks fast and furious and is a joy to ride and the perfect icebreaker.

1999 Colnago C40 - what is there to say. I still remember exact where in my living room i was when i saw the ad on the local craig list. It came with DA7800, gradually changed it. Mavic cxp 33 wheels with DA7700 hubs and amber/black Vittoria Corsa sc 25mm an amazing ride. Rolls saddle is new but the carbon seat post i original pantographed with Colnago logo and text, made by selcof I love this bike, and its not a wall hanger, almost daily use. My extreme power - jet, has lazy days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... 2270937745

Attachments

• liten colnago 99.jpg
    liten colnago 99.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,584
  • liten cannondale.jpg
    liten cannondale.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,584
  • liten colnago 96.jpg
    liten colnago 96.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,584
  • liten miyata.jpg
    liten miyata.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,584
  • miyata 1990.jpg
    miyata 1990.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,374
Re:

Welcome to the forum !

I must say, you have impeccable taste. Along with a proper riding position.
Mapei C40 is my favourite. Pleased they're all getting used too

Mike

Re:

Thanks! He he, you have to adapt being in the Norwegian used bike marked, with maybe 2-3 proper bikes for sale every year. You can not pick and choose sizes. The C40 and Cannondale fits well, the Miyata and Master are compact. Looking for a longer stem on the Master, from 90 to 130.

not, only that the serialnumber says its a 97, its kind of spooky, previous owner said it was bought like this from the shop

If you Google 'Cannondale Saeco 1997 caad3' there are a few that pop up, exactly like yours. 105 cranks, 600 rear mech, 1997, original decals.
Definitely a model they did, just doesn't feature in any catalogue.
Love the frame and colours though!

Tks! Yes, i have a mtb m600, exact same, not a catalogue bike, but Google carry a fair amount.

Back