1985 Raleigh 531c Panasonic (Best in Show Eroica)

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Well after a bit of haggling I managed to secure a deal on this little gem and it arrived yesterday.

I say gem as it does look better in the pics than it does in the flesh as it were, paint is quite chipped in places and worn in others. Its all straight thou and no dents so all good.

I love the shot in rear stays and lugs.

Plan is to go for a complete bare metal restoration, and as the original decals are all individual water transfer letters as are the stripes my painter (who is an air-brusher as well) is going to paint the stripes and letters on for me to so that they end up being nice and smooth rather that layered up decals ...........should look fantastic.

Should be going in for paint next week some time so watch this space.

Re: 1985 Raleigh 531c Panasonic

Originally supplied as 'frame only' so the world is your oyster in terms of spec!

Its an 85 MrW. Frame number starts WD5 so depending where you take your info from its either the 2nd two weeks of Feb 85 or April 85.

Nice :)

Same frame as my '85 Competition, which is WH5...

Looking forward to seeing this one come together

Not a lot to report, but when I bought frame I was told it was a French BB ..... well its not. I did wonder in Raleigh would do such a think. They didn't its English :)

Also may be about to switch the group set up to 600ex 6207 in the main but with the later 6208 shifters and rear mech so I get the index shifting. I think it better suits the bike,

Oh and its going in for paint on Friday, no decals needed as I'm having all the stripes and words painted on. Should be good

pulling up a seat for this one - great colourscheme - a favourite of mine. 600EX - should look just the job.

pre STI Dura Ace circa 1985 would look fantastic, though it will cost, I had the rear mech (grey and silver) in 1985 it was light years ahead at the time. The UK team also rode this frame in 753 those years with Dura Ace love the shot in stays :) A friend of mine has Dave Manns old 753 that he's had finished like your but with a number boss. The finish should be special as far as Im aware only Colnago an Kliens went for painting rather than decals

Thanks guys, as much as I would love dura ace my budget and time frame just wont stretch that far.

I think the 600ex will look great, which means there will be a few nos 105 GD bits coming up for sale.

Latest posts

Back