Project Holdsworth

Aidan Rumble

Retro Newbie
Hi There,

I've mentioned this bike in the introduce yourself section. It's a Holdsworth that used to belong to a friends Dad, and was a christmas present from my other half - hoping to ride this year's L'Eroica as it's on my doorstep.

After hitting, and solving a couple of snags - thanks to Stanley Fearns and Zepnat in Matlock - a couple of weeks of fettling have worked wonders.

Still need to sort pedals and toe clips, and probably rebuild the wheels in due course.

Any help identifying the model would be great... frame/fork number is 74776.

It has a Cinelli bar and stem, Milremo hubs, Suntour V-Luxe 5 speed gears (the hills round here are already bad enough!), a Birmalux seat post, Stronglight cranks and a Regina Extra freewheel.

I've fitted a new Stronglight Headset, an IRG 13-28 freewheel, renewed all bearings, and generally given it a good polishing. New Brooks saddle and bar tape suit it well I think.

Cheers for now, Aidan.

Class :)

Looks like a Super Mistral, will have to look at a well known website to check the number but late 60's at a wild guess.

I think the frame was also sold under the Claud Butler badge as a Super Torino

Shaun

Looks great, what a transformation! You obviously changed the rear sprockets...what size is your biggest sprocket, as according to the excellent Disraeli Gears website, the Suntour V-Luxe has a maximum size of 24T. I run a 26T with a V-Luxe and just about getaway with it!

Look forward to seeing you and your bike around.

Phil

Re:

Hi Phil,

The largest sprocket on the freewheel is a 28t, and the Sun Tour V-luxe seems to cope with that just fine. Never considered it wouldn't to be honest.

I am considering swapping out the 47t front ring for something like a 44t to make the Peak District a little more manageable.

Cheers,

Aidan

I'd love to see some more images, thats a very nice looking machine. elegant.

Back