Look Kevlar road bike from my dad

Brenner

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I'm new on this forum. Saw some great bikes so don't know if mine will fit in.

My dad bought this Look Kevlar road bike in 1992 and after two rides he decided this was not his game. After 22 years he wanted to sell the bike but first I want to give it a try if I can ride it (normally I ride MTB).

The look of this bike looks quite retro to me, but not sure if it fits the profile of this forum. I'm looking forward to any comments/ reactions from your side. Also if you have additional info of his bike, pls share. As the frame is 57cm en my lenght is 1.93m it might be tight. Selling would definately be the last option. Really don't know if the bike would have any value nowadays...

Here my first pic....more will follow:

2n6uetj.jpg

Best regards!

that is lovely IMO, is it 8 speed "twist tooth" uniglide ? (each tooth of the steel cogs would be noticably twisted ) and the smallest cog is threaded onto the cassette body , or Hyperglide (todays standard that uses a lockring )

Attachments

• shimano cassette splines.jpg
    shimano cassette splines.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,138
that frame is mostly carbon (black fibres) and kevlar is gold but it gets badly "browned off" by UV so it is often hidden under carbon . this is an old paddle shaft from my work

Attachments

• carbon kevlar (4).jpg
    carbon kevlar (4).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,134
vv nice.welcome to retro land. a few well clued up readers/enthusiasts will give you detailed info here,from extremes of the uk :cool:
great paintwork.

Re:

Welcome to the forum ;)

I'm 6'3 and ride 57cm bikes , so you should be fine, although it will take some getting used to after riding an mtb.
Hope you have many hours of fun on it

Mike

Looks like its got Dura-Ace 7400 with 8 speed STI Shifters & DP Brkes!! if its got the full 7400 groupset then that on its own is worth lots of Dosh if its in very good condition.
95% sure its a Look KG76 frame! but whatever it is its a lovely early carbon bike & it looks to be in very good condition.
A Great Bike I'd KEEP IT if it was mine.

That's a great bike, I'd love one of those myself (and I could ride a 57 :LOL: )

DA STI will be an 8 speed HG cassette. UG only went up to 7.

lose the bell though!

Back