Gillott head badge needed, for a 1952 Fleur de Lis

Rogerrabbit1964

Retro Newbie
Hi, I acquired a lovely 1952 Gillott a year ago. It is missing its head badge, and I would very much like to obtain one.

If anyone has one, or can point me to where I might get one, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Roger

I see them pop up on UK eBay from time to time, so it'll be a matter of biding your time until another one comes up for sale. There seem to be a lot of people who collect headbadges; don't be surprised if you have to pay what appears to be way over the odds for something so small compared to the price of a whole bike! On that subject, if you do a Google image search for Gillott head badge (or headbadge) and then follow the image back to its original page, you'll find many of the pictures relate to collectors' sites. Perhaps you'll find one through that route.

There's also Hilary Stone but he'll be expensive and probably only if you want an immaculate one. May be worth getting in touch anyway.

Thanks, I have emailed Hilary, but I am not holding my breath that he will have one. If I can't get one in the next year or so I will probably have the holes filled and go with the decal. The frame is in need of a respray (it is rattle can black at the moment) but there is no rush on the project.

Back