vintage bikes from France

mjloco

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum :oops: so I will introduce myself first: My name is Quentin, I'm 19 years old and I come from France. I am passionate about vintage bikes since severals years and it is with great pleasure that I present to you my little bike collection. I'll try to answer your questions but sorry in advance for the mistakes in English ...

First my Peugeot Perthus with Mavic groupset and Weinmann Delta brakes set...

My Mercier with Simplex, Stronglight and Mafac parts

My Berma road bike with beautiful pantographed parts (Campagnolo/Gipiemme) => project not finished

My old but in vgc touring bike (Royal Asport)

A strange touring bike invented and manufactured in small serie by Maxime Janin
http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2015/01/05/150105125936627149.jpg[/img]

My favorite bikes ...

"no name" pursuit bike frame equipped with french parts, except the seat post :

And for finish today, my last project not finished, Alain Perrot TT bike. I will soon change the handlebar for a ITM citta di bassano, the brakes set will be replaced by Weinmann delta set and i've new stickers for the crankset.

Cheers all!

Quentin ;)

Re:

Hi Quentin

All these bikes are 'Tres belle', you say you are 19 ans, I have just one question are you rich or do you rob banks :?: :LOL:

Re: vintage bike from France

I'm just student and i haven't got a lot of money but in France, we still make very good deal ;) The price are lower than in UK or USA !

Re: vintage bike from France

That is a super collection of bikes. I particularly like the Mercier and the Royal Asport, and I have never seen anything like the Maxime Janin before.

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2lg2rqt1 said:
Must be very cheap to have all those lovely bikes, I might have to move to France at this rate lol :D

I d rather say that when you are in the country ( but not in Paris) bikes can be found cheaper

but either you spend a lot of time on local ads on the computer and are lucky to find one cheap close to you and you are the first to call
or you wander on flea markets or jumbles :idea:

Re:

Incredible - pretty much any one of those bikes would be stars of my collection. Congratulations for putting such a good collection together.

I have really taken a liking to the French old bike scene. I prefer the use of the term 'vintage' over retro, and I really like the 'dans son jus' philosophy of restoration, rather than respraying and polishing the life and history out of bikes. The for sale forums also seem
a bit less bloodthirsty too.

Cheers and welcome to the site,

Johnny

hi your collection is well nice. the maxim janin is weird and wonderful
be good to see some close ups.

gerbil

Back