1987 Rocky Mountain GIRO - Build Thread Started!!!

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been looking for one of these for several years now... FINALLY found one... Just my size too!

There were two models made in 1987, GIRO and TURBO, they were both built by Derek Bailey. This one appears to be a 1987 as it was the only year the GIRO came with columbus SL tubing. The white turbo is also date stamped "87" :D

I will be replacing the group with a First get C-Record Prototype Group. The front / rear mech and crankset have the campagnolo logos engraged (this was the prototype group). The Delta Brakes are not the prototype as I have not been able to get a set yet, they are the regular laser etched version...

The wheels will be Campagnolo Shamal =)

Shown below is how it is exactly as I found it... No paint or decals needed, frame is in near mint shape! might do something about the Derek Bailey decal as it has a big bubble in it... no biggie... It looks like a dint in the photo... it's not... just a wrinkle in the sticker

Attachments

• giro87.jpg
    giro87.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,683
  • image_2.png
    image_2.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,680
  • image_1.png
    image_1.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,681
  • image.png
    image.png
    128 KB · Views: 1,682
Re: 1987 Rocky Mountain GIRO

great stuff!

The shamals with magenta decals would really set it off!

Re: 1987 Rocky Mountain GIRO

parfumisme":3ctdt2xv said:
great stuff!

The shamals with magenta decals would really set it off!

Thx! Yea I have them on my purple vitus 992 as well =)

Re:

Awesome.

Of course you have a 1st gen C-record group! Man you have nice stuff.

There has been a 59cm on Vancouver CL for a while, just frame set, price is reasonable but it would be a touch small for me and I would never ride the thing anyway.... :roll:

Re: Re:

cyclotoine":vhw2k6tf said:
Awesome.

Of course you have a 1st gen C-record group! Man you have nice stuff.

There has been a 59cm on Vancouver CL for a while, just frame set, price is reasonable but it would be a touch small for me and I would never ride the thing anyway.... :roll:

Thx! Just looked up the Craigslist add, that's a nice one too,

I'm not sure how common they are in BC but they are never in Toronto... They may have never made it this far (I bought mine local but it was brought here from BC when the origibal owner moved)

Finally found some time to get some "minor" progress on this one... I have the group ready to mount, just have to get the rear stays cold set to 130...

Here's a quick pic with it's wheels mounted =)

Latest posts

Back