New Peugeot PX50, maybe.

ChandlerLewis

Retro Newbie
Okay, I'm a noob, so go easy on me. I have a question that lots of Internet searching has not solved.First of all, these are the Peugeots my gal and I own. A nearly perfectly-matching set I bought from a guy who brought them back from Europe a long time ago:

The problem is that my frame's a 61 cm, which really is too big for me, at least for long rides. Here's another view of my (older) bike:

Okay, so here's the question. I found a slightly smaller PX50 in a slightly bluer color. But I notice pump braze-ons are on the bottom-side of the top tube. I have nevber seen this before (on a Peugeot) and have not been able to find a single picture of a similar frame anywhere. Is this really a PX50? I just bought it, and won't pick it up until next week, so I really haven't been able to look at it carefully. Any observations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--Chandler

Re:

I know I'm basically talking to myself here, but who knows, answering this question might help someone else.

So it turns out it's really a P8E, from '72 or '73. That's why the pump goes there.

Thanks stringfellow for setting me down the right internettube.

Back