Look KG196 Mavic SSC / Mektronic

Doubledee

rBotM Winner
Finished added a few pictures....rides like a dream very stiff though only up and down the road so far. I'll give the Mavic 3G's a go soon

Attachments

• Look final12.jpg
    Look final12.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 863
  • Look final11.jpg
    Look final11.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 862
  • Look final10.jpg
    Look final10.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 863
  • Look final9.jpg
    Look final9.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 863
  • Look final5.jpg
    Look final5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 863
  • Look final2.jpg
    Look final2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 863
I've always been interested in the Mektronic stuff - would like to give it a go someday!

Re:

I'll let you know how it goes with the Mektronic. I've mugged up on it and got manuals off the web. It should arrive along with the frame in the next day or two then I'm good to go. I'll start with low expectations so I'm not disappointed :) looking to actually use this bike in anger in the local 10m TT's

Re:

I used Mektronic extensively for about 7 years.
When it works, it's brilliant. The downside is the alarming habit it has of shifting when it feels like it. Sometimes all the way from the 12 up to the 21 in one shift, or vice-versa, which is fun.
At the slightest hint of moisture, it's an idea to ride a different bike.
I eventually capitulated and sold all 3 sets of mine (road and TT with spare shifters) to a collector of silly stuff in the US.

Re: Re:

Bigfish":3fn02c0i said:
When it works, it's brilliant. The downside is the alarming habit it has of shifting when it feels like it. Sometimes all the way from the 12 up to the 21 in one shift, or vice-versa, which is fun.
I eventually capitulated and sold all 3 sets of mine (road and TT with spare shifters) to a collector of silly stuff in the US.

Cheers yes I'm aware of those issue but I'll see how it goes certainly Won't e out in the wet and have found some good links to blogs on how to setup. Just looks so clean.... so I'm happy to take the chance eek! Also been dying to use my 3G's again it's been a while. Build should start within the next 7-10 days

Crazy stem. The more I look at Looks the more I want a collection. I am going to need a museum soon to keep all the bike's I'd like to own. Crazy looking stem on that frame too.

Part built, few issues that held me up. I had to get a new front mech hanger (Giant Trinity) as mine didn't come with one. Needed a bit of modification with a drill and grinder (thanks Will at Wills Wheels) , then the original Mavic SSC front mech didn't fit as the cable pull arm hit the frame, so Ive changed it for campag Veloce for now. I will get the adapter block in time that you can buy from Rotor so I can fit the Mavic one on. He also took out the forks and checked they were sound which they were and realigned the rear hanger. Showing it with the Mavic Aksiums which I'll ride day to day, and my old Mavic 3G's for time trialling on, and no Im not riding it with those sinterised mavic brake blocks I have pair of shoes with yellow carbon pads. Only slight niggle is that is a smidgen too big for me, in the pictures its setup exactly with my measurements. Just waiting for the Mektronic rear mech, computer, and levers then It can be finished....cant wait.

Attachments

• Look with 3G's.jpg
    Look with 3G's.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Look Aksiums.jpg
    Look Aksiums.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,078
great pics. its in really good condition. seat post does work. it looks so complicated yet still a double 'A' frame
with a level top tube ! i guess the h bar stem has 'lock in positioning points.i wonder how much these frame sets cost
new bitd ?i wonder how drag windtunnel test's would compare to say the' boardman air'
ha even the brake callipers look like mechanical frogs :xmas-big-grin:

Re: Re:

Bigfish":35sfa4bj said:

Hi there posted this Pm to BigFish, anyone fell free to help me. The only saving grace is that I have another rear mech, and set of gear levers and computer on their way from another seller...I must be a glutton for it! But god it looks so good without wires...please help me getting it to work.
Darren

And the problems have started with the Mektronic :-( I hope you can help me or clarify some things. Firstly I have a full set of intrusctions and have had no problems understanding them and also have the Mavic troubleshooting guide. Ok I put the rear mech on
Q1. is it ok that you can move the rear mech in and out with your hand?
Q2. Ive paired or at least I think I have. When I slide the computer into the bracket the rear mech makes a series of clicks then nothing. It wont change gear on command. The only movement I've had is from the 12 to the 25, but the computer says its on the 25. I've moved it with my hand back to the 12 and after a while it did go back to the 25 and still read 25 on the computer. I also did a battery check and it cycled through the screens and said the all batteries are ok. Also I dont have the speed sensor yet.

Any help whatsoever would be great. Clearly the rear mech responds by clicking but not moving when the computer is mounted into the bracket. Also I've not mounted the bracket to the bars yet I've had the computer right next to the rear mech for pairing and testing so its not out of range.

Kind regards Darren

Back