Carlton Jewel 1953

pathman1915@aol.com

Dirt Disciple
Carlton Jewel 1953 frame lugs designed by Bob Keeling master builder at Carlton Cycles.The most expensive frame in the United Kingdom at the time,more than a Hetchins Magnum Opus.Restored by Dave Marsh.Dave used to work at Raleigh and Rick Powell and paint sprayer Phil the Skill Lansley.They worked on the famous TI Raleigh pro bikes and are the experts on Raleigh Carlton bikes.Bob Keeling suggests there were only 7 of this model Jewel built,this is as rare a hens teeth.Some of the ones I have seen featured a new process Achrillichrome finsih all chrome and then laquered over the top.The spec is rechromed brampton. and threadless brayliss wiley sleeved threaded insert with threaded grub screw locater.The stem is original Titan rechromed with GB alloy engraved Tour of Britain with alloy spacer for larger diameter stem.Seat post and saddle are original brooks sprinter with alloy post 27.4mm.Tubing is reynolds 531 double butted tubes forks and stays.The forks are oval front and round track rear pencil stays with the most adorned fancy lugs featured on the Hetchins Website with long chrome front and rear forks and head lugs and crown finished in dark green flambouyant with cream head and seat panels.Looks absolutely awesome.If I am unable to download photos please contact me on stanroadman1953@aol.com

The bikes has been race prepped and modernised for my own use.
Sugino alloy double chainset cottered and sachs narrow chain couple with shimano 600 narrow 5 speed freewheel with campag downtube changers cable tunnels and triplex alloy rear mech and suntour front alloy mech make up the transmission.The wheels are period airlite rear small flange 40 /32 with red anodized track nuts and fiamme alloy rims with new vittoria rally tubs.The front is airlite quick release.The hubs are spaced with alloy spacers and freewheel spacer and clearance is minute but functional.Brakes are modolo corsa for improved braking in London.Pedals are campag super record with toe clips and straps,and allen key seat bolt
For all you purists I have kept the williams cranks,bayliss wiley,Dunlop 27" 4 speed wheels with single campag sportman gear.and weinmann 730 brakes etc.

I have no idea what you are trying achieve with this thread? Is it about a Jewel model you onw? Are you flogging one? Asking about one? :?: :facepalm:

Back