Help identify new winter hack......raleigh dyna tech fake?

skywalker482

Retro Guru
So I bought this off an old boy locally who's had it years doing nothing, thought itd be perfect for winter training and commuting etc.
Its really light and works perfectly, it has 105 triple chainset and rsx everything else....

Now then.....

It has DYNA TECH stickers on it and a ROUTIER sticker?? is there or was there ever such a combination?? I can find nothing online. It has DYNA TECH handlebars and a DYNA TECH seatpost.
I thought all dyna techs were bonded? this isn't, also it looks like it may have had a respray at some point, as under the lovely deep blue on the seat stay there is a chip and its a vibrant green metallic beneath.

It also has a Reynolds Optima sticker..... anyhow lets see what you can tell me out of curiosity more than anything id like to know exactly what I've bought....suffice to say its light, very fast and very comfy....

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,034
Hmmm

The gold Raleigh BS decal at the bottom of the seat tube means it left the factory as an whole bike, rather than just a frame (frame only have silver BS decals)

It's also 'unusual' for respray's to feature this, although it could be that whoever painted it bought and applied a full set of decals.

I 'think' Raleigh used Dyan Tech as a brand, and not all the frames were bonded, but this one has me stumped as well

Is there a frame number visible somewhere? That 'may' help

The chainstay bridge rings a bell as a raleigh effort to provide a support for a mudguard in the cheapest fashion..........

Shaun

Re: Raleigh Dyna Tech Routier

I also have a Dyna Tech Routier, recently bought by my friend, mine is the same as yours, with a gold decal and I also cannot find any information about it at all! Mine also had a triple on the front, although I've had it changed (sorry the original post said it had a 53/39 chainset)

Back