Trek 2300 [ 1st build ]

oonaff

Senior Retro Guru
]Hi everyone, this is one of the bikes i alway's wanted to own in the 1990/s .the red 'zx' decals and splish splash paint on the carbon tubes point it to '94 in the vintage trek site.
the components will be standard ultegra tricolour with dura ace chainset.the rest of the equipment
is undecided at the mo, although im pretty sure a fizik arion would look ok.
ok.. 'im going in...cover me !'
first i'll have to take it back to the shop i got to cut the forks and fit the h set becauase i want the
105 number's on the cups side on.
im off to halfords tomorrow as well to try and find a good colour match touch in pen
then i guess i'll check in natural daylight before i drive off :)

Attachments

• 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 702
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 701
  • 068.JPG
    068.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 696
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 696
oonaff update.
boy in shop upset with my suggestion to turn h set writing square to frame he tried to argue but relented.
girls not wishing to communicate after my enquiries about cheap nail varnish.
man in model railway shop angry of my idea to spray cable outer's a darker shade of red.[plastic paint]
Halfords' touch in' pens can only be bought in packs of 2 or three now. selection not as good as rattle cans
so got one of them £6.99

Hello everyone , i was pleased to get hold of a pair of these with original skewers,8 sp block and wheel bags.they are anodised blue so as i have too many colours at the mo[namely,red, black,silverand darkblue] i shall be de badging and making them silver. they dont half spin well..you wait for them to stop but they don't :eek:

Attachments

• 275.JPG
    275.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 274.JPG
    274.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 608
but as usuall i had not bothered to double check things and the forks are out with a' big trombone !'
if any one has got any aero'ish forks kicking about please do pm me...700c that is :D
[its ok i got some ally trek ones coming from the states :) ]

Attachments

• 276.JPG
    276.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 608
Back