Raleigh M-Trax 300 - More Photos added

OK-Kazunori

Devout Dirtbag
Just found your amazing website whilst researching my lovely old bike. Hi to all!

Here is my Raleigh m-Trax 300 shed find ebay bike that I picked up with a view to turning into a single speed, it looked like a fairly nice frame with a load of rusty old components. Once I started cleaning it up I realised it was just covered in 10 years of shed grime, the bike itself was barely used.

I've been riding it all summer and loved every minute of it, new cables, tyres, saddle and bar tape and its as good as new.

Sacrilege to some i'm sure but I took off some of the decals as they were in a very poor state, however I kept the Raleigh Heron badge and the Optima tube decal.
Any thing that anyone can tell me about it would be greatly appreciated, I seem to see alot about the M-Trax mountain bikes but not so much about the road bike.

w0YjFB.jpg

Re:

Forgot the spec:
Shimano RSX Groupset, Cinelli bars and stem, Mavic rims, RSP seatpost (got the original RSP saddle but its not the most comfortable!)

Can't help you with any info on the model but what a find!!!

It's cleaned up really well. The colour is lovely.

Thanks, the brochures for the optima m-traxes all have raked forks rather than straight and I can't see this beautiful bronze colour anywhere. The decals, although in fairly rough condition, badged it as an "M-Trax 300 Optima Lite"
Also, the groupset is Shimano RSX with a RX100 chainset, I'd love to upgrade all this to something lovely as I'm guessing this is fairly average spec for Shimano?

OK-Kazunori":2u9yuqki said:
Also, the groupset is Shimano RSX with a RX100 chainset, I'd love to upgrade all this to something lovely as I'm guessing this is fairly average spec for Shimano?

Don't change it. Absolutely nothing wrong with RSX . The look fits the bike and it works perfectly well.

What a fantastic bike. The frames we used, and indeed the forks too were sourced from Taiwan. 7 tube Cr-Mo. I think we used Yeung Fu.

Back