Raleigh Light Weight 1987 (Finished Pics on P4 16th Jan)

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
As we all know building these bikes is like a drug and very addictive.

I'm part way into my Peugeot Triathlon and have already secured another frame to build. I'll have two Peugeots in the stable but no Raleighs. So when I saw another member put this up as a possible sale I made enquires and have agreed to purchase.

Its a Raleigh GVOD, Reynolds 501 frame set which has never been built as yet, from what we can tell it dates as Feb 1987.

Once I had secured a deal on the frame I thought, what do I build it with and what will I use it for ??
As I'm putting my name if for L'eroica for next year I thought I'd build it for that and keep it very period.

So already I have secured the following parts all new old stock:

Shimano 105 Golden Arrow Headset
Shimano 105 Golden Arrow Brake Set
Shimano 105 Golden Arrow Hub Set
Shimano 105 Golden Arrow front and rear mechs & Levers.
Shimano 105 Goled Arrow Crank Set and BB
Mavis MA Rims (silver)

Gona go with a Cinelli Stem and Bars (period of course), white bar tape and a brown Rolls saddle.

Will post more pics as parts arrive and when frame is back home.

Re:

Its nearly time to start the actual build, picking frame up on Friday :) really looking forward to starting this one.

Some of my Shimano parts have arrived, I was going to wait until I had it all for pics but its such beautiful stuff I couldn't :)

NOS Brake Set

NOS Hub Set

NOS Headset

NOS BB

NOS Gear Levers (braze on)

NOS Front Mech

Sadly I missed out on the MA2 rims I wanted as the they got sold by mistake, so still on the hunt. I have managed to secure this rather lovely (imho) Cinellie stem for it thou.

and a nice NOS period shimano chain

This is going to be another Roll Royce bike for me, hope you like my joice of parts Kaboom.

Re: Raleigh Light Weight 1987

Yep, all NOS.

Managed to find the rear mech and crank nos to along with a shimano 600 ex seat post. Just got to wait until the weekend to pay for it.

Cool stuff!

I didn't got NOS with mine, but all the components were pretty mint.
It is a great looking groupset.

I have a feeling this is going to be rather special!

Love the 105 Golden Arrow, I have it on my Raleigh Team Corsa

Re: Raleigh Light Weight 1987 (shiny bits starting to go on)

Picked the frame up on Friday and started to get some bits put on.

Only problem I am having is that for love nor money I can't get the Crown Race on the forks. It says 26.4 on it but it just won't go. Rest of headset fits fine as you can see. Gona get my bike shop to have a look tomorrow as he knows every thing retro.

Back