Bianchi Rekord 910 - C1986

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
So I finally received my Bianchi Rekord 910. I acquired the bike out of Texas - apparently someone in the US services bought it in Europe during their deployment and brought it back when they returned to the states. I purchased this as my winter training bike and to ride at L'Eroica if my dream ever comes true. I wasn't too happy with the packing job - I think the damage in photo 2 happened during transit. They also left the headset parts loose in the box so the bottom bearing cage was damaged (two bearings missing and unaccounted for) and I can't find the spacer washer. They didn't protect the frame with bubble wrap or foam so the handlebars/brakes were able to rub against the finish. Luckily its chromed underneath. Other good news is that the previous owner used copious amounts of white lithium grease and it looked pretty clean. I'm a bit worried about the rear hub, but won't know if there is anything to worry about until I have a chance to pull it apart.

All Shimano 600EX right down to the pedals. My guess based on the Bianchi spec tubeset is that this is a mid level sport bike in the Bianchi line-up. Can't find any German catalogues to confirm. Dig those 20mm tires :shock: I didn't know they made them that narrow! Bike looks in decent shape. It came with a hilarious old Cateye brand computer that looked to have a cadence function on it as well as a speedo. No idea if it still works. May have to toss a battery into it and see.

Attachments

• photo 2web.jpg
    photo 2web.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • photo 2a web.jpg
    photo 2a web.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,021
  • photo 3web.jpg
    photo 3web.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,021
  • photo 1web.jpg
    photo 1web.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,021
Here are a few more crappy cell phone images to get a better sense of the bike.

Attachments

• photo 1a web.jpg
    photo 1a web.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • photo 3a web.jpg
    photo 3a web.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,019
  • photo 4a web.jpg
    photo 4a web.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • photo 4web.jpg
    photo 4web.jpg