Colin Lewis revived!

Boscarn

rBotM Winner
Another project finished a Colin Lewis road bike for the late 1970’s or early 1980’s. Colin Lewis shop is still going stong (as is Colin himself, who I understand is writting his memoirs) and is now run by Simon Aske who was very helpful in supplying some original decals, the originals on the down tube and seat tube needed replacing. The previous owner had removed the down tube shifter bosses and ran with bar end shifters and a cable stop in their place; I have repaired and refinished the area with some model spray and lacquer. I wonder who made the frame, there are few clues, but Colin did use Tom Bromwich at some time. Any help gratefully received.
The bike has been built with Campag Record hubs and gearing, with a rare Tevano chain set, pedals are Atom with Chistophe toe clips and straps. Seat post is also a rare JPR, with one of the best micro adjusting system with a Brooks Pro. Cinelli bars and stem are fitted with Gipiemme levers with some new Dia Compe hoods and the brakes are the original Dura Ace. I have rebuilt the hubs with Mavic MA40’s and used some 28mm Panaracer Pasella’s. All in all, a very comfortable and fast ride, but not for time trials!!

Attachments

• P1000834.JPG
    P1000834.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 678
  • P1000841.JPG
    P1000841.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 677
  • P1000839.JPG
    P1000839.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 677
  • P1000845.JPG
    P1000845.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 677
  • P1000844.JPG
    P1000844.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 677
Re:

That looks very nice indeed; a very pretty bike. I love the whipped toe clips and I'm afraid I am going to have to nick that idea!

nice ones, cycled through paignton a few times.
and used to ride to the grassy cliff top of exmouth at sunset.

Yep, nice looking bike indeed!

A Raleigh I'm doing at the mo will have a similar colour scheme, good to see it should look fine, though probably not as pretty as yours

Back