Sun Snipe Prestige ( needs a lot of lovin)

Top Ghia

Dirt Disciple
Just bought a new project bike, its a Worksop Sun Snipe Prestige. Came from a shed during a house clearance so no history with it, Looking at how battered the paint is its lived a hard life. Not sure of the age but could be 60s it has a grease nipple on the bottom bracket shell my 71 Carlton built in the same factory hasn't got one. I will let the pics do the talking.

Re:

The bike is now fully stripped, and the seatpost only put up a small fight before coming loose, some kind soul had greased it. So too the bottom bracket which was packed with the the stuff.

I have discovered that the simplex rear mech along with the change lever is entirely made of plastic. A bold move by the company it was introduced in 1962 and replaced with a more conventional unit for the 1965 model year. The letter S in the serial number indicates 1964 i believe.

Because of the extremely bad state of the paintwork, its past the primer and rusting in places Im considering repainting the frame.

Re:

Looks like another interesting project, Juding by your Carlton this will get lots of love to! Looking forward to seeing your progress and hope you don't hit any nasties :LOL:

Back