Latest project

fadec

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
Thought I'd post a few pics of my latest project it's a puch royal force from the late 70s ,built of 531 and equipped with 1st generation dura ace black the shimano date code on the cranks are 1976 , it looks to be original apart from the wheels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 682
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 675
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 675
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 675
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 675
Re:

amusing as I did find the same bike ( save the fenders and bashguard)

but will probably build another bike with the nice group as mine is smallish and I find it a bit dull for this very nice and early Dura Ace group which was the first attempt of Shimano to compete with the upmarket competition, Campagnolo first and the "dying" french firms second !

but the vent noir II - even if from a slightly later period - which would be perfect with its smoked chrome- is so rare in Europe, that I will probably have to be a traitor to Puch :?

Thanks for the comments, it still has it's supplying dealer sticker which was Ron Spencer's in Warrington ,and the head badge is a bit different with the weltmeister script above the normal puch insignia.
It has shimano sf dropouts front and rear, sr stem and handlebars ,mikashima unique road pedals and the mudguards are esge made in W Germany .
I just need some period hubs and then I'll be happy

Back