Raleigh Dyna-Tech 853 (with some *modern bits)

cab3086

Devout Dirtbag
Frame: Raleigh Reynolds 853

Fork: 853?

Headset: tange
Stem: 3TTT
Handlebar: 3TTT team service super competizone
Bar Tape:

Brake Levers/Brifters: *10sp Tiagra
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables:

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: *10sp Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur: *10sp Shimano 105
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: *10sp Shimano 105 12-27
Chain: *10sp Shimano 105
Cranks: Shimano 600
Chainrings: Shimano 600 53/42
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: Shimano A500

Rims: Mavic open 4 cd
Hubs: Shimano 600
Hub Skewers:
Nipples:
Spokes: some
Tyres: Schwalbe
Tubes:

Saddle: Turbo
Seatpost: aero (1994)
Seatpost Binder:

Bottle Cage: Elite
Extras:

Weight: 10kg

Attachments

• Sam_0026.jpg
    Sam_0026.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 2,528
  • Sam_0027.jpg
    Sam_0027.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 2,528
  • Sam_0028.jpg
    Sam_0028.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 2,525
  • Sam_0029.jpg
    Sam_0029.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,527
Re:

It rides very smoothly, I would of kept the 600 series but the shifter decided. To chew the cable and snap it internally. The 10 speed coupled with the standard crankset gives some nice gear ratios that shift smoothly. I surprise some of the carbon bikes I pass on my 18 mile each way commute.

Re:

My first ever 'proper' road bike (only a couple of years ago) is/was a Raleigh 853, but a slightly later model to yours with the aero shaped tubing.

It was nippy round the corners with no nasty flexing on the climbs and is presently retired to a box in the basement. That was build up in a similar way to yours, with Tricolor 600 crank and mechs and Tiagra 10 speed shifters. The Tricolor was later changed to slightly more modern Ultegra, but in both configurations everything worked like a charm.

I also have a Rourke in 853, but that is a 2004 frame with a bang up to date SRAM Force22 build.

Re:

Nice bike - I own one of these myself, mine was originally badged as a Raleigh RSP Team Issue and apart from the seat stay/seat tube junction the spec is nigh-on the same. I posted recently in a thread about M-Trax road bikes, as a near-identical 853 to the OP's bike was mentioned in there - it seems there are three "badge engineered" variants of the same frame (M-Trax, RSP and Dyna-Tech) with the same typeface for the decals in all cases plus a Raleigh headtube badge*. I wonder if this was anything to do with sponsorship agreements in the case of those frames built for domestic road teams such as Ambrosia-Dyna Tech, or just a result of various short-term changes of mind by Raleigh's marketing department?

David

*NeilM's machine looks to be yet another, later, variant from 1999-2000 due to oval down tube, vertical rear dropouts and the final style of RSP headtube badge. Although the seat cluster is the same as my bike.

Latest posts

Back