Latest build progress

kamakazerider

Devout Dirtbag
Having enjoyed several recent builds I acquired a nice 83/84 531c Raleigh Team Pro frame. The guy I bought it from had a great back story in that it was his old training frame from when he rode with the U.K.Team Raleigh. It was originally in Panasonic colours but I haven't chased up the provenence as this is to be a keeper to go with my 70's Europa. I toyed with going back to the Panasonic colours but I have always loved the Team red,yellow and black so as an 80's icon I have spent the summer sourcing eighties Campag parts. It's now ready for cabling up and readying for the East Kent Costal Tour in early October ( weather permitting!) I have included some quick photos of progress to date. I'll get some proper shots taken and add a spec list once completed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 375
Re: team raleigh rep

That is how it came from ebay, slightly nasty colours but very well finished. Taken back to bare metal then painted by Gaz at Panel Care Canterbury (the third one he's done for me this year!) can't wait to get it on the road.

Yes the original colours are not right for a rare classic imo.I love the new colour scheme,top bike,where do you find these? I've done my ritmo but I'm eager to rebuild another,I trawl ebay but haven't seen anything.

Re:

Lovely work again Dave......What date in October is the ride? Might try and join you!

Back