MB Dronfield - Lopro (Campag Chorus 9 speed work in progress

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Had this frame a couple of years now and had it built up in Fixie mode when I lived in Bristol. Fast forward a year and i'm back living in Oxford and it's a joy to ride - Reynolds 531c, nice and comfy.

20120812_175803_801.jpg

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I won a cracked Bianchi Mega Pro XL with a fully Campag Chorus 9 speed groupset, Mavic Open Pro's with Chorus hubs etc:

My initial plan was just to sell the parts on as I got the lot for a very reasonable price. However, I started cleaning them up and thought that the groupset was in too good condition to just sell on and that the Bianchi must have had little use.

Anyway, I stripped the fixie setup and put it to one side (for another frame) and started cleaning up the Chorus group:

This is how she's currently sitting, will fit my Specialized Turbo-S tyres tomorrow - I need to procure a braze-on - band/on adaptor and 2x annoying ferrules for the internal brake routing and i'll be nearly there. Unsure if i'll be running drops or bullhorns & TT bars. Decisions, decisions!

Liking where this is going! I think you should stick with a silver quill stem though, anything else doesn't ever look quite right.

Yeah, I had a Cinelli on it before and it looked spot on. I have 3T stem and bars which I'll probably try on later!

Drops!? On a Lo-Pro? How low do you want/need to go? Designed for use with 'bullhorn' bars, drops are over-kill.

Literally!

Looks a nice frame whatever, Vernon always builds a good'un.

I have bullorns and a pair of 3T TT bars which I got on Freecycle, I need 1x clamp as it's missing.

Thinking of getting the frame powdercoated before I build her up - i'd like it to look as clean and understated as possible!

Bit more progress on this...

Tried on bullhorns, didn't feel right, especially with the ergoshifters so I will be using 3T bars & a 3T stem.

I have everything to finish her off this weekend apart from a braze-on/band-on adaptor. Will try & source one this weekend.

She's pretty much built... took for a quick spin yesterday and everything works as it should! Need to fettle the rear mech adjustment but no problems there.

10691710_1509880925916597_488112424_n.jpg

Re: MB Dronfield - Lopro (21/9/14 - now complete)

She's now complete! Fitted bar tape today.

Spec:

Frame: MB Dronfield/ex Raleigh Lopro - Reynolds 531c

Fork: Reynolds 531c

Headset: Stronglight A9
Stem: 3T Quill
Handlebar: 3T
Bar Tape: Prologo

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Chorus 9x2
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Chorus

Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus
Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus