Knowledge need - BSA Prima racer

Raindancer411

Retro Newbie
Hi All

I am looking into a couple of bikes that my Mum has acquired that we need to sell. We are having to sadly clear out her late aunts place and we found in one of the bedrooms two old bikes. One is a raleigh merlin and the other is a bsa prima, but that is all I can tell you. I will attach a copy of photos in a few, but if anyone can help educate me on these bikes so that I can sell them to a new home they will be appreciated...

I wish I had room for another bike now, seeing that BSA.

You've noticed the 531 sticker on it, obviously that adds a lot to the value. Couldn't guess what parts it's got on us from a non drive side photo though...

The Raleigh is a decent enough bike for going to work and the shops. Undoubtedly a boat anchor but will survive knocks the rider won't. Don't ever often see them in that good a condition, those lights break off really easy. Have you found the pump anywhere?

I'm sure there's a good home out there for both of them. Someone'll probably come along in a bit who's had one before, knowing this place.

Re:

Many thanks for that :) Just found out they both have brooks saddles. I think there is silver pump that may belong to the Raleigh Merlin in the room with it

Both have been kept indoors all these years, so maybe why the condition is so good, I guess

Re:

A few more pics of close ups

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 901
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 900
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 901