1983-84 ARGOS 753 BIKE INFORMATION REQUIRED

Bananasplit

Devout Dirtbag
Hi good afternoon all, it looks like I may come into possession of the bike listed above within the title. The bike looks to be super clean and the components have virtually no usage. The frame looks to be 753 tubing with internal cable routing fitted with a mixture of Stronglight/Shimano and Campag gear. The frame is said to be a 22.5" size which I hope isn't to big, i'am not sure if the frame has been to Argos for a respray or an actual Argos produced bike, any help or information will be gratfully received.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 948
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 947
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 946
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 945
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 944
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 945
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 948
Re:

Nice bike indeed, great colour - clue is in the 753 sticker which is a '753 Renovated' decal, thus suggesting that this was a re-spray / refurbishment completed by Argos. As to the original 'maker' that would come down to serial numbers on the frame I guess?

Designed for the Shimano Aero kit with the position of those downtube shifters...............looks a bit Woodrup to me :)

Shaun

Re:

Drop a photo and any frame number on an e-mail to Mark at Argos, he may well be able to tell you more.

Re:

The bike hopefully arrives on Tuesday so i can have a closer look, just hoping the frame isn't to big. The gear change cables loom to run down in side the down tube and under the bb shell, or is just my imagination.

Re: SERIAL NUMBER

Just a few more shots from last nigh after the bike had landed. The bottom bracket shell is stamped
ARGOS 8428, I have emailed Argos this morning to see if they can help information.

Attachments

• BIKE1.JPG
    BIKE1.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 759
  • BIKE2.JPG
    BIKE2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 757
  • BIKE3.JPG
    BIKE3.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 756
  • BIKE4.JPG
    BIKE4.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 759
  • BIKE5.JPG
    BIKE5.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 759
Interesting BB stamped SABA..........frame doesn't have the little men cutouts so not a SABA frame. I followed Ian Hallam KP Crisps-SABA so have a soft spot........just a twinge of jealousy as it's a very classy frame :)

Shaun

Back