1986 Schwinn World Sport

22TheAve

Dirt Disciple
Hello, I just registered to the site and thought I would share one of my bikes I'm working on. I picked this up out of a pile of bikes out in the woods in a coworkers backyard for $15. I had access to a sandblasting cabinet for a while and have done several frames and parts etc. Also I am fortunate enough to be able to anodize, nickel plate and powder coat for free through my work. Also my brother is a machinist and can have spacers etc. made. Its a 23" Frame, I'll be buying new tires and rims, I'm going to go to 700c rims rather than the 27" ones that came stock since the originals were bent and not worth dealing with. I'll be going with cane creek brakes and bullhorn pursuit bars. I'll post more pics of this as I go. ANd other project bikes later. Thanks for looking!

Justen

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 569
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 569
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 569
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 569
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 569
Re:

I know it's not a high end bike like many others on this site but it's going to clean up real nice and I'll enjoy it very much.

Black frame looks very tidy, good luck on the project and for 15$ you cant really go wrong!!

Hello, yea the black really came out nice, I had the cranks anodized black but cast aluminum doesn't look real nice, it comes out more charcoal color. So I blasted them and powder coated them too.. The chain rings, seat post, seat post clamp, bolts and headset were all nickel plated also, the pictures don't show how nice it looks. I'll post more pics soon. I'll post some pics of my Haro comp extreme build maybe later today... I'll check out your bikes later when I get on my computer. Thanks for the comment.

Back