Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (last change, 100% finished)

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
At long long last I have found the frame that I wanted when I bought my 653 Athena and identical to the frame I had when I was 15 and never finished.

A Peugeot 753 in Team Z colours

Over the moon to find it and because its already been restored, should be quite a quick build once I pick it up next week as all I'm going to do is swap all the bits from my Athena on to it.

1st pic (from advert)

Its a fair bit smaller than my current one, but then really thats to big for me any how.

Happy Days

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours

This one will be a keeper, never to be sold. Its what I have been after for years.

Re:

Well sadly this has turned into a slightly longer project than I 1st hoped.

The re-furb on the paint had been done really well, unfortunatly when I offered the frame up to my Athena to see what the size was like my spidey senses started kicking off, somthing was wrong but what ........ After a while I twigged. The decals were on the wrong way, left on right and visa vesa.

The decals had been laqured over as well where they had done a nice job so once I started to peel them of it became aparent that another re-paint was needed.

Luckly the gent I bought it from had given me the paint codes as I was gonna do a custom matching bmx. So now its with my painter being done again.

Re:

Thanks for the comments, as I said this is a frame I have wanted for so so long , right frame, right size .........every thing so I kinda decided I owed it to the frame to do it right.

1st couple of pictures from my painter, just the forks and no clear on them yet ........... I think they look spot on and dare I say it even better than original.

The other problem I had was that where it had been re-furbed the 1st time the "Racing Team" declas from the top tube were missing along with the vertical "Peugeot" words from the forks and rear of the seat tube.

No one seemed to do these, I tried all the places recomended to me and then some. So in the end I had them custom made by Delcals via high-res pictures and measurments ............. he got them bang on !

So all in all its coming along nicely.

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (quick update 19th June)

given your studio i'd expected some airbrush extravagance ;)

good job on putting that extra precious detailing back into it.

The studio belongs to the fella doing the paint job for me, he's an airbrusher by trade but has branched out into bike frames. He's done a few jobs for me and is getting a massive name for himself in the BMX world.
He did offer that he could air brush the decals on for me but I wanted to keep it as stock / factory as I could.

Once its done I'm gonna put his details up as his prices are very good to.

How much - if you don't mind me asking - did the custom graphics cost? Fantastic job, that.

Back