delete please

tarloone

Retro Guru
So, after the tragic mishap on the Peugeot 653 that resulted in a bent frame, I subsequently found a nice and keenly priced 979. :)

As its a 126 rear end, the 8 speed C Record and wheels have been boxed up until a suitable frame is found. I've decided that the Vitus will be a parts bin special that will mainly consist of a Chorus/Croce D'Aune build. Despite C Record being top dog, I've always been intrigued by the tech and overly engineered complexity of the CDA rear mech, it just changes so smoothly but not sure whether I'll use friction or syncros.

I've got some C Record threaded hubs on Open 4cd's for the wheels and will add a spare closely stacked Sachs 14/21 7 speed block, so only loose out on the 23 compared to my 8 speed setup

Given that I always wanted a Peugeot 979 and that this is in the same bronze colour, I may swap the stickers at some point too. I'm surprised as its a fair bit lighter than my old 992...though suspect it'll lose out in the stiffness, but in this size...prob not an issue!

Anyhow I'll most likely get it built up over the next week and post a completed pic up shortly....think parts bin specials are oddly more satisfying that the considered builds that cost £££??

Back