Three of Mine

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
The first time all three have been in the same place at the same time........

1985 Mercian Strada Speciale 753t
1990 Mercian Pro Lugless 653
1990 Cyfac Built Raleigh Castorama 653 Team Bike (ex Thierry Marie)

All built with Campagnolo C-Record

Attachments

• 3 Bikes 1.jpg
    3 Bikes 1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 3 Bikes 2.jpg
    3 Bikes 2.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 3 Bikes 3.jpg
    3 Bikes 3.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,518
Re:

Lovely bunch :cool:

especially the Raleigh Cyfac

you love deltas don't you :LOL: - what about the efficiency :idea: :?:
they don't seem to generate enthusiasm about their braking power - cobaltos seem to be the result of that fame as some customers did not like them apparently and Campagnolo had to bring back the old design :?
was the design of the deltas altered and improved thereafter ?

Re: Re:

bduc61":1oz4ckkx said:
Lovely bunch :cool:

especially the Raleigh Cyfac

you love deltas don't you :LOL: - what about the efficiency :idea: :?:
they don't seem to generate enthusiasm about their braking power - cobaltos seem to be the result of that fame as some customers did not like them apparently and Campagnolo had to bring back the old design :?
was the design of the deltas altered and improved thereafter ?
Hi

I love the look of the whole groupset to be honest, especially the calipers and chainset. The deltas went from 3 pivot to 5 pivot in the internals at some point, but I can't tell the difference. I think some of the pros put different brake blocks on them to improve the stopping power, but I am not sure where I read that. However, in their defence, most of the peloton had them from 1987; Roche did the triple with them, Delgado TDF in 1988, Lemond in 1989 plus world champs in the wet etc etc, so they can't have been that bad.

Anyway, I try not to brake so as I don't remove the anodising from the wheel rims!!

Cheers

Re:

As much as I like deltas, I don't think I need three variants with them. Lovely collection, could do with more deltas!

Re:

Lovely trio, takes me back!! I thought the 3 sets of Delta's were a little obsessive too :oops: I believe the pro's liked them, as they never "rubbed" unlike most of the single pull callipers of the era.
Believe it or not these and the Dura ace AX versions, were still being used by the Pro's 20 years after their inception for this very reason, despite being heavier.
Modern cables, particularly the pricey ones, do make a difference to their efficacy.
They look pretty damn sexy though!

Back