My new project-A late 60's or early 70's TT iron.

vcballbat

Senior Retro Guru
Hi retrobikers, just picked up this unknown tt bike at a jumble any ideas what make and year. Its 21 inch with 37 inch wheelbase, campag dropouts, fastback seat stays and braze on cable stops for a single barend shifter. There is no number on the bb shell so next step is to strip the bike and look for a number on the steerer tube.

More photos of my mystery timetrial bike....any ideas what it could be yet?

SR APEX Superlite chainset.

SABA Saddle with alloy rails...one of the lightest back in the day.

Re:

Stripped the bike down today but sadly no number on the fork tube...i'm still searching for a clue.

Yep, TT frame from early 70's probably, just my era :D Bar end shifters were favoured by some but not the youngsters LOL

Could be by any number of builders, fork rake looks very Mercian but aside from that no other real features to tel it apart. My Woodrup had the same fastback and so does my Jackson......... Yellow was a popular colour of Harry Quin :)

No number on the BB?

Nice though but mind your feet on the front wheel and rear mech :D

Shaun

Hi, the unknown bike is now stripped to the bare bones .

No visable marks or number on the BB shell.

Or on the forks.

Seat cluster has'nt been filed to follow the lug line and clamp is quite crude using an allen pinch bolt rather than a recessed set screw and threaded lug.

Paint is very flat and thin, maybe sprayed with rattle cans..looks like its original though. Could this frame have come out of the back door or could it be the work of a trainee frame builder???

What's going on with that section of blank thread? Looks a bit iffy to me.

Definitely a fine example of the classic British TT frame.

Mark.

Damage maybe from a stray bearing, old headset was off a kids bike. Measured up a donor headset off me ALAN and groove will be where bearings run.

Back