1989 F. Moser Corsa (Finished pics)

Campagmatic

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to show you my F. Moser which I think is from the early 90's. I found this on Gumtree a few months ago, bought as a complete bike for £75. It was in a sorry state though, thick with dirt and grime, nothing worked as it should and the seat post was seized completely solid. I think I was mad to pay what I did for it really but I like a challenge. I wish I'd have taken photos at this stage but I didn't expect I'd get as far with it as I have.
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...ket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/moser1.jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...ket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/moser2.jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...cket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/moser.jpg[/img][/url]

This is where I am now. After many hours battling with the seat post I eventually got it out last week. I tried heating, cooling, caustic soda, every trick in the book, but eventually went for a 25mm drill bit and cored it out.
Then it was the decision of whether to strip down for the full respray or just touch up the stickers and refinish. I went for the latter, rubbing out any patches of rust and repainting as well as reshaping and smoothing off the area around the seat post where previous owners (and myself) had attempted to lever out the post.
All the parts going back on are the original Shimano 105 that it had when I acquired it, everything has been cleaned but the brake levers could do with replacing and I need to find another 105 headset.
I'll post an update as soon as I get the headset and forks on, and of course the wheels (which I haven't sourced yet) and hopefully it wont be long until I'm riding my first 'proper' steel bike.

Re:

welcom to you!

nice find. It seems only bikes that caused quite a little bit of sweat end up on this glorious forum.
I guess that'a why I switched from the bikeradar one to here. Plus the fact that people here actually help you get it done!

good luck with completing it to your likings and of course riding the heck out of it! :cool:

C

Re:

Thanks, it's definitely been worth the effort, and it looks like I've picked up a new hobby along the way. Itching to get it finished now.

Re: My F. Moser Gumtree find

nice colours,please dont get a carbon fibre fork,please do use a quill stem :D

Re:

Wouldn't dream of it, I've got the original chrome forks and Moser engraved ITM quill stem although it's a little shabby.

Re:

Great stuff! That looks like new! Of course the more effort that you have to put into the refurbishment the more it will be 'your bike'; I am looking forward to seeing more pics as the build progresses. Keep up the good work!

Re:

Thanks, I was really pleased with the finish of the black paint, it blended in with the original beautifully but the coloured paints I got weren't a perfect match so it's far from perfect, and my detail work in the lettering leaves a bit to be desired. But I've never been a perfectionist.

Re: My F. Moser Gumtree find

Never seen a Moser that colour before, looks very nice

Re:

It must be fairly rare, I've only seen one other like it. I'd like to find out more about it really but can find very little on Mosers of this era on Google.

Back