my girls

Samba time!

It's a lowered Samba, 15 Window? Used to be loads of these around in SA when I were a lad. we never really saw many VWs in the UK before we went out, my aunt bought a Dormobile and was considered strange for buying a German car. How far we've come...

Foz the fleetliners (African made 15 window mongrels) are considered by us purists as an obimination, they aint even Volkswagens LOL.
Be like saying people actually made racing bicycles outside Italy.
The last Volkswagen 15 window deluxe to rolloff the lines in Germany was 1963, it was a special order option only (non production) M130 code- samba deluxe without sunshine roof or window lights.
That particular old girl I've yet to finish is a 1960 walk thru 15 window, ubber rare theres 4 on the world wide official register....
It should be beige over grey and sealing wax red, I say be brave not beige... lol
she s gonna be different. I like winding the anoraks up...... an it will...
Here s another I restored in 2005.

cheers mark

Very nice... I can still remember everyone chopping splits in for Bays in SA to get the bigger engines. We were on a band tour to Queenstown, the Bay we had went up the passes fine, we had to unload the knackered old split and take the instruments up, then come back fro the people!

Back