Dave Quinn ageing frame numbers

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
trying to date the Dave Quinn i have just picked up , as far as i can see frame number OC719 is stamped around the non drive side of the bottom bracket shell .

forks look original but cant see any numbers or stampings on them . Light boss makes me think early to mid 70's which makes me think frame number could be Oct 71 and 9 th bike or frame built .

poss had respray at some point but not sure , no reynolds sticker or remains seems to tip scale at around 10kg and takes a 27mm seat post .

looking at rear block i removed would suggest a racing history as it was a 11 - 17 unit , frame is more touring than racer though as mounting points fr & rr .

any ideas or suggestions ?

Attachments

• quinn.JPG
    quinn.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 459
Under bottom bracket guides and top tube cable guides sort of place this at the start of the 80's if the brakes have nuts on them (like they seem to in the picture)........if the nuts are covering allen key fittings then it might be a later frame.

Wheelbase seems quite long and the brakes are at the bottom of the reach.....I wonder if it's a generic frameset?

Shaun

Midlife":1pheyhsw said:
Under bottom bracket guides and top tube cable guides sort of place this at the start of the 80's if the brakes have nuts on them (like they seem to in the picture)........if the nuts are covering allen key fittings then it might be a later frame.

Wheelbase seems quite long and the brakes are at the bottom of the reach.....I wonder if it's a generic frameset?

Shaun

removed brakes tonight moved for cleaning reasons and they are not covering recessed allen key holes looks likes its an 80's machine .

totally agree re more touring machine , but it rides a treat .

using it over last few days for commuting on has made me realise what a nice bike it is

Back