Any info on this Triumph please.(New pics added 26/3/2014)

Pils

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone.
Picked up this Triumph last week, despite most chrome work being badly rusted. (It did have a nice old Wrights saddle but unfortunately that was to far gone to keep).
Anyway as the 26"x1&1/4" were rusty i fitted a pair of 700c wheels to the bike and also replaced front and rear brakes as again originals were rusted.
Having checked on a couple sites i think from the serial number, the bike possibly dates from mid 1960,s. Certainly there are no braze on,s at all for cables.
The rear mech is Campagnolo Valentino Extra with downtube shifter which also works very well once used to it.
Im hoping some of You good people may remember these bikes and maybe throw some light on model, and maybe years likely to be from if not mid 60,s.
One old guy who stopped to admire it over weekend seemed to think they had Reynolds tubing. Is that likely even thou there is no sticker on frame?
Also i see on the original wheels that the spokes inners and outers all run straight to rim rather than under/over crossing each other like modern wheels have. When did that become the norm for wheel building?
Thanks in anticipation. :)

Attachments

• Triumph2.PNG
    Triumph2.PNG
    89.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Triumph3.PNG
    Triumph3.PNG
    60 KB · Views: 283
  • Triumph5.PNG
    Triumph5.PNG
    56.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Triumph6.PNG
    Triumph6.PNG
    85.1 KB · Views: 283
  • Triumph7.PNG
    Triumph7.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 283
Re: Any info on this Triumph please.

Sadly the pictures are a bit on the small side.

Back