A Holdsworth Project Commences

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
A Holdsworth 531 Special frame and fork has come my way, which I intend to build for the TdF frivolities this summer. Recently painted, perhaps for the second time, by Mario Vaz, a one-time Holdsworth factory painter. The team colours were, we're advised, an option for this model. The serial number is 41483 on both steerer and BB and the lack of chrome and cable guides suggests somewhere around 1976-8 - please chip in if you know better! I'm collecting 600 'arabesque' for the build as I think it may suit this mid-range model (and my wallet). Anyone point me in the direction of a set of suitable wheels??

Attachments

• IMG_8384.jpg
    IMG_8384.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_8378.jpg
    IMG_8378.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_8381.jpg
    IMG_8381.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 786
Very nice , has to be Campag on this surely , maybe go for Gran Sport , with large flange Tipo hubs .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
^ Thanks, I book marked them - but seller won't post; I'm unsure whether the frame suits 700c or 27 1/4" and I'd prefer clinchers. I'd have them for the hubs alone though.

All parts now acquired - it's just circling Diamant and Concorde builds in progress. Will be ready for the TdF Skipton to Harrogate run though....

Back