Wookiee's 1991 Specialized Allez Epic Carbon

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
...Not quite sure what or why I have bought this...but a late night browse on ebay and I stumbled across this beauty and really liked the look of it! Is a bonded frame, made of carbon (I swore I wouldn't own another carbon frame after I trashed my modern carbon MTB! :facepalm: ). So not sure if it was a good idea or not yet!...23 year old bonded carbon frame???

But you know how your heart over rules your head! Every time I looked at the pics I liked it more, and more and more! It seemed a reasonable price so after some to-ing and fro-ing with the seller I went for it and bought it.

I have yet to take delivery of it, that is later this week, but it looks to be in good condition and I am assured by the seller that it is mechanically sound and fully functioning. Another bike I have bought without seeing it let alone riding it!

Oh well I'll let you decide here are a couple of pictures from the for sale ad.

Any experiences/opinions accepted and possibly agreed with!

Doug

Attachments

• allez 7.JPG
    allez 7.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,488
  • allez 6.JPG
    allez 6.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,488
  • allez 3.JPG
    allez 3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,488
  • allez 2.JPG
    allez 2.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,488
  • allez 5.JPG
    allez 5.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,488
  • allez 1.JPG
    allez 1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,488
Oh man, the bug has really bitten deep. :mrgreen:

That looks absolutely great; it hardly looks like it's been used.

I look forward to hearing how it rides.

My Dad had one of these as you know! ;)

His was a year or two newer, but he did 100's of miles on it and sold the frame to a guy on here who also loved it. He never had any problems, the thinking being that if it was going to come unbonded or whatever, it would have happened by now, so any that survive this long are perfectly safe and ride-able.

Just enjoy it, it's beautiful and they are so light! Very jealous....

This is a rBOTM winner in the waiting if you ask me. Gorgeous!

My bonded WCF is fine, and takes a regular pounding off road, so I'm sure this will be fine

firedfromthecircus":r7dmstxs said:
It will look very pretty on the wall if nothing else!

It could join the mashed carbon Marin thats hanging on the garage wall currently! Maybe I could start a knackered carbon gallery! :D

Love those bikes. I used to sell them and would have one anyday (wouldn't touch a modern carbon) but these are great, never had any problems with them. Yours looks very very clean.

Back