Colner

HawkMA750

Dirt Disciple
Colner - probably not an originally made frame, the brothers bought frames when the capacities were reached. But a nice ride, tight, light, fast...
this may be a candidate for a paintjob in original color

Attachments

• Colner_0010_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0010_smaller.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0009_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0009_smaller.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0008_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0008_smaller.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0006_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0006_smaller.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0005_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0005_smaller.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0003_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0003_smaller.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Colner_0001_smaller.jpg
    Colner_0001_smaller.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 495
sorry, @Retro Guru, can't follow that ... I don't want to look at it, I want to ride it ;) so I get the tyres I like to ride. I could throw in a set of brown wall tubulars for photographing, and maybe if I put it into an exhibition... but I don't, so it will have tyres on that I ride.

@retrobike rider: it looks ok, but look at it, 20% pure rust ... when I find the authentical "dried mensis blood metallic" paint that matches I will do it... decals are available i believe. not this year, got two other projects before, but someday. What I like it is how it rides. Very stiff and direct. A bike I feel vell and secure on always.

Any car body shop paint supplier will do a perfect match for paint...
plenty of amber wall tyres that are comfy too! :)

may be.. (tyres) but I like them Conti GP 4000 esp. coz the 24c size.

yeah, got a body shop near by ... but them got lazy ... they don't really like spending time matching colours ... I had not a lot help finding the best matching color for the Puch Profi green, and they were very uncooperative when I asked for adding a little blue to the VW Fashion green... now I have this (guess u see the difference) result. But, even with a gram of blue... it is nearly impossible to copy the way Puch did the paint, covering a silver base paint with a green transparent layer. It would be possible to copy the effect with powder coating, but I hate this. And, most are only on RAL colors, so I may have the effect but not the correct tone. I mean it is already pretty close but not really good. Nobody except me will see it so...

Attachments

• Puch_Gabel_Vergleich0001_small.jpg
    Puch_Gabel_Vergleich0001_small.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 404
HawkMA750":snqi0jac said:
may be.. (tyres) but I like them Conti GP 4000 esp. coz the 24c size.

yeah, got a body shop near by ... but them got lazy ... they don't really like spending time matching colours ... I had not a lot help finding the best matching color for the Puch Profi green, and they were very uncooperative when I asked for adding a little blue to the VW Fashion green... now I have this (guess u see the difference) result. But, even with a gram of blue... it is nearly impossible to copy the way Puch did the paint, covering a silver base paint with a green transparent layer. It would be possible to copy the effect with powder coating, but I hate this. And, most are only on RAL colors, so I may have the effect but not the correct tone. I mean it is already pretty close but not really good. Nobody except me will see it so...
Coloured lacquer over a silver base are pretty much impossible to get via a RAL chart; it's never bright enough, same goes for trying to match lacquer over chrome.
A good car paint supplier has the technology to match anything...mine supplies in a quality aerosol can and the relevant base coats ( primer ) and final lacquer ( clear or pearl etc. ) to achieve the correct finish.
tyre sizes are misleading, I use Specialized Turbo amberwalls on my Colnago...they are 700 x 25 but more like a 22! :)

I have a frame ( the only powder coated I have) that IS metallic red = Silver first coat and transparent red covering it. Normal offer of the local coater. But this wasn't done to match anything... just a choice. But my car paint supplier is good to rech, but I guess just too stubborn to start matching colours. If I don't come with a exact number he won't do anything. But - the shop is right nixt to me... gotta live with it if I want short ways.

Green is difficult and metallic is difficult so getting the two together makes a real problem. Metallic paint changes with age so its near impossible to paint match forks or a new section of paint. Love the colour of the Colner well worth reproducing if you decide on a repaint :)

Back