Updated !! 1985 Mercian TT - New Saddle & Levers Pic

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
*** Finished I think with brown Brooks bar tape and black hoods ***

*** Now with brown Rolls saddle ***

I have just got my hands on this 1985 Mercian TT bike in 753t tubing. It weighs in at 8.8kg with pedals, and although I haven't ridden it yet I suspect it's a bit twitchy being 76° parallel!!

I don't plan on making many changes, but the gear levers will be swapped for c-record friction (any offers on the ones shown in pic considered, think they are Victory) and the saddle for a Rolls. Currently it's a Regal re-issue. The pedals I have removed, they are virtually unused C-Record pistas (track), they could well appear in the for sale section. I haven't seen them before and had to ID them on Velobase http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 9&AbsPos=8. Ah, I think Benotto tape is also a must.

I love the radial wheels and can't wait to give it a go when the roads are dry!! The tubing is specifically for track and TT frames, and I hadn't even heard of it until last week.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_9005.jpg
    IMG_9005.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_9006.jpg
    IMG_9006.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_9007.jpg
    IMG_9007.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Strada Speciale.jpg
    Strada Speciale.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 949
  • Strada Brown Tape.jpg
    Strada Brown Tape.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 656
Re: 1985 Mercian TT

Nice bike, I reckon you should put those pedals back on they're lovely.

Strada Speciale........still making them today :) I have soft spot for Mercians, Nice :D

Shaun

Majestic. Fantastic looking bike. Geometry is fantastic, I assume it's very nimble piece of kit to ride.

Top purchase indeed.

FINNEY1973":3ugrw56l said:
Majestic. Fantastic looking bike. Geometry is fantastic, I assume it's very nimble piece of kit to ride.

Top purchase indeed.
I haven't ridden it yet - the poxy seat bolt is some odd size so I can't get the saddle up!!

Midlife":1sqwyrp8 said:
Strada Speciale........still making them today :) I have soft spot for Mercians, Nice :D

Shaun
Mercian don't like change do they!!!

Never ridden a 76° before, looking forward to it.

Sorry, but in my mind that bike was destined to have white bar tape..... :)

76 / 76 is about on the limit for comfort, My TT frame from the 70's is 74/75 IIRC and that's nice :) The problem with uprighting the seat tube any more is that people with big feet hit the rear mech LOL

Shaun

Midlife":3s239mlp said:
Sorry, but in my mind that bike was destined to have white bar tape..... :)

76 / 76 is about on the limit for comfort, My TT frame from the 70's is 74/75 IIRC and that's nice :) The problem with uprighting the seat tube any more is that people with big feet hit the rear mech LOL

Shaun

The saddle has to go though Shaun, I hate it!! It needs a Rolls, not sure if I can gamble on brown though. Tape I can leave in place and decide later.

Back