First Retro Bike. 1980's Peugeot

NickT89

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,

I'm new here, and I have just got my first retro bike. I picked this up for £50. I'm pretty sure I got a good deal, judging by the going 'EBay' rate. I'm a fan of all things retro so looking forward to getting stuck into this project.

I've been down to my local cycle cooperative to begin dismantling it so I can get the frame powder coated. My plans are for a white frame with new decals, new Michelin tyres (keeping it French) and a Brooks B17 saddle. I'm thinking of swapping to a different style handle bar. Undecided yet, though.
Nick

Re: Firstt Retro Bike. 1980's Peugeot

personally i love the paint and decals and i reckon you got a bargain . ive been after one of these to reminisce and bomb down to sainsbury's[panier's] i could put it in the entrance foye which is camer'd up.
i don't know if they were made in france but mine was quick and well made i believe they have internally lugged joints.

The paint is reasonable but not quite as good as it appears on the photo. I think it will be worth it once it is complete.

Keep the paint! Will look generic as a white bike.

Yours to do as you please of course but my 2p

The frame is currently at the powder coaters. I'm looking forward to getting it back next week.
I need to order some bits and pieces for it. Which headset will I need? I think it's 1" threaded.
Any tips on where I can get some cheap ally wheels?
Nick

If the wheels are 700c you should be able to score some in the classified section here or on ebay.
Not sure where to get 27inch rims from.....looking for a spare set myself.

Bike looked sweet as it was.....uber retro with that colour. But you can't go wrongmwith a crisp white powder coat in my book

Thanks, I will check the classifieds for some wheels.

Here is the frame and forks.
958f93c5b65c0a6e7d5bbb696577609e_zps669bd314.jpg

138403b76182e5910fa57ff3c7441812_zpsd3803cf8.jpg

cdeb04ec4a4b3363b27764d79a4b52b2_zps690ca9d2.jpg

Back