Colnago tecnos

crash victim

Devout Dirtbag
I have been on a Specialized Tarmac sl4 for the past year, but decided to get myself a steel bike and after a spin on the bosses Master I decided to get a Colnago.

Yes I know Tarmacs are a bit like Mondeo's but I know a very good paint man who did wanders on my s works cranks and enve seatpost.

My first attempt was to get this Colnago spiral conic but it was a bit to big, the chap on ebay had measured it incorrectly. I loved the colour but it had to go.

So then I went a bit mad (especially for someone on a bike shop income) and went ebay crazy getting a Tecnos, Master Olympic and a Dream HP Bstay (and a bunch of forks). The Tecnos is the one I have decided to Keep but as it had a few areas that needed touching up its gone of to the paint man.

The forks test fitted to the Tecnos have also just come back after a refurb from the paint man some more pics of thoes latter.

Such a quandary - which Colnago to have! Nice problem. Hope there's before's and afters on the paint work you're having done.

the paint on the Tecnos is just at the ends of the black on the chain stays and where the chainrings/chain have taken some paint off. The master needs a lot of work (not as advertised on ebay) I have taken the paint back myself as it had some rust bubbles on the chain stays and seat stays but the the paint was of the rust was minimal so I have treated it and it will need paint when I can afford it before it gets sold.

The spiral conic as it was

A shame about the paint on the Master Olympic. I had a feeling that either the paint style or condition was the influencing factor for you.

My first Colnago was a 1989 Spiral Conic. Pearl with pink pattern. Yecch. Unrideable. :)

I had it painted a nice deep blue and it still holds a prominent place in my stable. It has been set up as a fixxie for a while, now I'm rebuilding it with either Record 10 or possibly period correct C Record. I just found a proper straight chrome fork for it (it had a Time fork for a while, currently it's wearing a Force carbon fork.) I'm curious to see how it rides with the straight steel fork.

lol, I just got some chrome straight Colnago forks for it aswell, I also have a steel steered force fork, an alloy steered force fork a time carbon fork. would be nice to see yours when its done. I got the dream as I wanted the groupset thats on it, a colnago 50th anniversary Shimano Ultegra groupset but i not sure I want to go down that road now. To tell you the truth I really like the paint on the master I have seen a dream with the same scheme so when its sorted out it should look good, but I really like the slightly oversized tubes on the tecnos.

crash victim":34kiq43q said:
lol, I just got some chrome straight Colnago forks for it aswell, I also have a steel steered force fork, an alloy steered force fork a time carbon fork. would be nice to see yours when its done. I got the dream as I wanted the groupset thats on it, a colnago 50th anniversary Shimano Ultegra groupset but i not sure I want to go down that road now. To tell you the truth I really like the paint on the master I have seen a dream with the same scheme so when its sorted out it should look good, but I really like the slightly oversized tubes on the tecnos.

All work in progress. :)

I just posted a couple of pics here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=276342&start=30

Also, see the thread "Colnago Master CX".

I do have photos of all my bikes in one place, but I'm reluctant to post them online...the wife might see them! :)

Spinergy's scared me too. I saw some pics of broken Spinergys and I bailed. One spoke goes and the wheel collapses.

There's a website somewhere with a free download if you have access to a 3D printer. It's for some strengthening bars that sit in-between the blades. Rev X's give a nice ride, tend to find I spend most of my time looking for potholes though - I saw those pictures as well :shock:

Back