Newly made up winter hack!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Nothing special but just a lovely road bike from the 80's which I've worked my magic
on but its soon to be ruined by our shitty/filthy/dirty/stinkin roads :evil:

Thanks to TGR Richard for supplying the stem & bars to complete this build.

picturesss006_zpsf897ab3d.jpg

picturesss009_zps139a68ac.jpg

picturesss007_zpsfde8c7a0.jpg

picturesss008_zps23cf9cc7.jpg

If Nob is reading this please feel free to take the p*ss :xmas-wink:

m m an mbk with good lugs and plenty of chrome looks really good almost too good for a winter trainer.

Ian,

You know i don't argue but two points -

1. 'hack' - the bike is hardly a hack
2. 'nothing special' - it looks special to me - a classy build

The more i look, the more i like it.

Richard

Putting that on winter roads is a form of abuse,is there somewhere on this forum that i can report this ?
Mr Outraged of Dorset :x

lol guys! :LOL:

It may get used over winter but I'm a fussy bugger about keeping my bikes clean,
even as an hack bike Richard, it will get washed down and oiled after every run.

I'm after wide 'tail-dragger's' for the bottom of the mudguards, so if anyone knows who has two I'm all ears.

Classy looking steed - ride it, clean it, ride it, clean it. all part of the fun of building a winter bike. You can't get away from the state of the roads around Notts, have to be some of the worst in the country. Agree that the word hack doesn't really fit in with what i'm looking at though. Nice work indeed.

FINNEY1973":2x5103qb said:
Agree that the word hack doesn't really fit in with what i'm looking at though. Nice work indeed.
You should have seen my last hack bike! royal red 531 frame, full length gold mudguards,
full campag' NR groupset, sprints with cross tubs fitted, lovely bike and i got the bugger pinched.

Somebody was smiling when they got my pride and joy :cry:

Back