Carlton International 1963/4 WIP

That is really lovely, you must be really proud of it. Just some left field thinking, why not some biege cork tape, instead of a strong colour. Also it may not be exactly the right period pedal, but it deserves a decorative pedal like a Brampton B8, just some thoughts, thanks for showing it. Terry

Old Tel I like your idea of the tape colour. It would soften things up well.I will see what pedals i have.
NOB.
All the chrome work is original including the head lugs . It is down to the base nickel on the rear stays. The chrome on the front forks was reduced a little due to a couple of poor areas. I prefer to save chrome if posslbe . To much polishing etc if replaced.

Full of Carlton gorgeousness. I have found a mixture of Autosolv polish and aluminium foil a great way to revive old chromium plate - it worked on my Constellation. Keep those images coming.

I have a friend with a similar colour frame , he went for burgundy cloth tape which looked stunning...bacofoil and vinegar is great for chrome, you do smell like a bag of chips tho' :0)

Back